For my full public C.V., click the link. Updated: 21 Nov. 2019.
ARTICLES & BOOK CHAPTERS—refereed publications
- “History and Precarity: Glen Cook and the Rise of Picaresque Fantasy Epic.” Journal of the Fantastic in the Arts. FORTHCOMING
- “‘Violations as Profound as any Rape’: Feminism and Sexed Violence in Stephen R. Donaldson.” Extrapolation, vol. 60, no. 2, 2019, pp. 133-56.
- “Paul Edwin Zimmer’s Alliterative Style: A Metrical Legacy of J. R. R. Tolkien and Poul Anderson.” Mythlore, vol. 37, no. 1, 2018, pp. 183-201. Available here.
- “Unraveling The Hobbit’s Strange Publication History: A Look at Possible Worlds, Modality, and Accessibility Relations.” Subcreation: Worldbuilding in the Fantastic, spec. issue of Fastitocalon, vol. 7, no. 1/2, 2017, pp. 121-35. Available here.
- “J.R.R. Tolkien and the 1954 Nomination of E. M. Forster for the Nobel Prize in Literature.” Mythlore, vol 37, no. 1, 2017, 143-65. Available here.
- “Harken Not To Wild Beasts: Between Rage And Eloquence in Saruman And Thrasymachus.” The Journal of Tolkien Research, vol. 3, no. 2, 2016, pp. 1-32. Available here.
- Translations: Greek. Forthcoming in Οι Επιδράσεις της Αρχαίας Ελληνικής Γραμματείας στο Έργο του Τζ.Ρ.Ρ. Τόλκιν [The Influence of Ancient Greek Literature in the Work of J.R.R. Tolkien], edited by Dimitra Fimi and Dimitris Kolovos, Kedros Publishers, Athens.
- “Book of the Lost Narrator: Re-Reading The Silmarillion as a Unified Text.” Tolkien Studies, vol. 13, 2016, pp. 101-24. Project MUSE, doi:10.1353/tks.2016.0008.
- “Classical Poetry and Modern Political Philosophy: Spenser and Machiavelli in A View of the State of Ireland.” Scientia et Humanitas, vol. 4, 2014, pp. 1-20. Available here.
ARTICLES & BOOK CHAPTERS—non-refereed
- “Delving into Nome Man’s Land: Two Traditions in Baum and Tolkien.” Baum Bugle. FORTHCOMING.
- “L. Frank Baum and PYRZQXGL: Or, How to Do Things with (Magic) Words.” Baum Bugle. FORTHCOMING.
- “Identity, Time, and Faerie in Pig Tale and The Inn at Corbies’ Caww: An Unexpected Convergence of Realms.” A Wilderness of Dragons: Essays in Honor of Verlyn Flieger, edited by John D. Rateliff, Gabbro Head, 2018, pp. 380-402.
- “Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Social Critique: Stephen R. Donaldson’s Gap Into Genre.” New Boundaries in Political Science Fiction, edited by Donald M. Hassler and Clyde Wilcox, U of South Carolina P, 2008, pp. 290-98.
-  “The Dispossessed.” The Literary Encyclopedia, http://www.litencyc.com. First published 25 Oct. 2019;  “Peter S. Beagle“;  “The Last Unicorn.” The Literary Encyclopedia, http://www.litencyc.com. First published 21 Nov. 2019
- “Donaldson’s Amnion and the Dangers of a Posthuman Future.” Aliens in Popular Culture, edited by Michael M. Levy and Farah Mendlesohn, Greenwood, 2019, pp. 107-09.
-  “Stephen R. Donaldson”;  “The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever.” The Literary Encyclopedia, http://www.litencyc.com. First published 8 October 2018.