- English 2030 at MTSU: The Experience of Literature
- A survey of literature in the Western tradition, emphasizing literary analysis.
- English 1020 at MTSU: Research and Argumentative Writing
- Argumentative writing, logical fallacies, tight prose, & library research.
- English 1010 at MTSU: Expository Writing with multimodal component
- A focus on public writing, basic genres, and “composition vs. writing.”
- English 1009 at MTSU: Introduction to University Writing (led studio sections)
- English 101 at U of Arizona: First-Year Composition
- English 152 at Ohio State: Writing and Reading. Theme: science fiction
- English 151 at Ohio State: Writing and Rhetoric I. Theme: liberal education
- English 151 at Ohio State: Writing and Rhetoric I. Theme: travel narrative
RELEVANT TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Studio Facilitator, Middle Tennessee State University, Fall 2014
- Description: leading mandatory, small group tutoring sessions for students taking ENGL 1009, which enables ENGL 1010 credit for high performance.
- Writing Consultant, University Writing Center at MTSU, 2012-2014
- Description: one-on-one writing instruction for any student of the university. Extensive experience with minority and ESL students.
- Guest lecturer in English 3320 at MTSU: 20th-Century American Literature
- An upper-division survey of 20th-century American literature for English majors. I was invited by the instructor of record to lecture and lead discussion on the week devoted to John Steinbeck, a writer whom I know quite well.